Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Introduction

  Hiya. So, I suppose some introductions are in order. My name's Adarsh Nednur. I'm 17 years old. I'm a junior in high school in Houston, Texas. I'm Indian. I fall to the liberal side on most social issues, but I know nothing of politics or economics. I'm straight, which I say just for future reference, and I'm single. I'm a hopeless romantic who isn't sure he believes in love. I'm told by all of my best friends, most of whom are girls, that I'm extremely girly for a guy. I'm a little prone to cheesiness, but I'm fond of cheese, so that's all right. I play guitar and bass clarinet and dabble in piano, but I'm told I'm not good enough yet to say that I can play the last at a mediocre level; I'm pretty decent at the other two, though. I write songs in my spare time, and I'm told I'm all right. You may have noticed, I form a lot of my opinions about myself from what people tell me, because I certainly can't be objective, and I'm much more likely to be overly hard on myself than others. I'm starting this blog as a vent for my teenage-angst-iness, which can get a tad heavy at times, and as a place to write my general thoughts. Au revoir.

A note on the title: My friend Alayah has a running joke with me where she'll mock me in a generic preppy-girl-voice whenever I complain about something in the format, "Oh my god, ... and now my life sucks!" For example, if I said, "Man, I'm going to die alone," she'd answer with, "Oh my god, nobody loves me and now my life sucks." She wanted me to start a blog because she was starting one (http://girlandram.blogspot.com/) and she would then have a regular reader and she would return the favor. I found the idea an interesting one, so I did it, and the title is an homage to her. You should go check her out.


No comments:

Post a Comment