Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Note On My Religious Views

  I don't judge no matter what your religious views are, since your guess is as good as mine, obviously. I don't much appreciate those who try to convert me, of course, but you are always free to believe whatever you want around me.
  Basically, my view on God is that he or she may or may not exist. To me, the existence or lack thereof of God is irrelevant. I'm gonna be the best person I can be because it's the best person I can be, and if there is a God and a heaven and I get in, swell. Good deal. And if there is no heaven or hell, that's fine too. And if it so happens that God is going to keep me out unless I believed in him, well, God sounds awfully conceited and needy, to be honest, and I don't care to pander to and please a God like him or her anyway. Basically... I'm agnostic.
  Again, these are my own views. I don't expect anyone else to believe them. I think people spend a lot of unneeded time, energy, and passion arguing over who the big head in the sky is. If people would just live and let live, it would solve a lot of the world's problems. My AP Human Geography teacher often tells us that experts say that the next world war will be fought over either religion or water. The idea that someone's personal beliefs are considered an issue worth fighting over and on par with the availability of water saddens me a little.
  Anyway, I pretty strongly believe these views. They do cause consequences in my world view that I end up having to deal with sometimes, but that's for another time.
  Good day, reader.


No comments:

Post a Comment