Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Movie of the Day: Fight Club

  I had an urge today after Fight Club came up in conversation a couple of times during the day to rewatch what is my favorite movie, and I didn't have any homework, and I couldn't resist, so I did. (I'll keep this spoiler-free.)
  This movie. Is friggin' FANTASTIC. So intricately plotted, such clever writing that covers pretty much every genre, such intense character development, such cool themes, perfect acting, and near-infinite rewatchability. The characters are undoubtedly some of the coolest and yet most relatable ever put onscreen, and the humor and drama and suspense and satire and everything just hit home perfectly. Tyler Durden is one of my idols. Also, this is pretty much the most quotable movie ever. There are a few other contenders, but this one wins, definitely. SO many great lines.
  I'm not allowing myself to be too specific in terms of plot or characters because I know a lot of people haven't seen this movie and this movie is best seen knowing nothing about it and it's pretty impossible to describe in words anyway, but, in case you haven't seen this movie, GO WATCH IT. NOW. WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?! GO! 10/10, obviously. I wish I had a higher rating to give it.

Favorite line: Umm... this is extremely tough. Can I answer with every line in the movie? No? Then I'm gonna have to declare a two-way tie between, "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero," and, "I felt like destroying something beautiful." Not the obvious choices, of course, but those are my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment