Monday, September 17, 2012

Movie of the Day (Part 2): Fracture

  Ryan Gosling and Anthony Hopkins? A good review from Chris Stuckmann, one of my favorite Youtube movie reviewers? An enthralling premise? This I gotta see.

  So, Anthony Hopkins kills his wife. (Not a spoiler, it's almost the first thing that happens in the movie.) The investigating officer is the guy she was having an affair with. (Also not a spoiler, you figure that out right after he kills her.) And Ryan Gosling is the Deputy D.A. who decides to take one last case, what he thinks will be an open-and-shut case, before he leaves his current job for a better one... Until things don't go as planned. (When do they ever?)

  Whoa, nelly. This movie was a real shocker. Fantastic writing and acting by all involved. Not a fan of the directing style or the musical score myself, they seemed to get a little too... in your face at times, like they felt the need to make their presence known. But this movie really works because of dense and deftly handled writing and great character development of the protagonist which is a product of great writing and great acting. Also, Anthony Hopkins's character is one of the more interesting antagonists I've seen in movies lately. I'd highly suggest you check this movie out if you have a thing for thrillers, courtroom dramas, non-courtroom dramas, or cool characters in general. I'm gonna give this a 9/10.

Favorite line: I think I'd go with, "You're a winner, Willy." I think that's the first point at which you know that Ryan Gosling's character is... in over his head, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment